Monday 29 December 2014

Testimonial

Just recently you would have seen me participate in a blog hop for Alyce Keegan, the founder and inspiration behind Kit and Clowder, the colouring website and facebook community. I would admit last year I dabbled in colouring with alcohol markers, and then I dabbled in copic colouring, but it wasn't until this year when I started blogging that I realised what amazing things you create with copics. Once I joined the Kit and Clowder community, not only was I blown away by how many talented people their are in the crafting community but how very supportive and encouraging they are for you to achieve the same results. I think an image speaks a thousand words, so without further ado onto my card.

This is a card I created with this gorgeous Some Odd Girl set that was free with Australian Papercraft Magazine last year.

Some Odd Girl
Here are my before and afters as of now. The image on the left is after seeing a live action colouring video by Alyce and watching a couple of videos as part of my skin and hair class with Kit and Clowder. I am amazed at my improvement over the year, I can't image what my colouring will be like after I actually finish my class, I can't wait. 
So if you were wondering at all whether the Kit and Clowder classes are for you and like me have been dabbling in alcohol or copic colouring, don't just take my word for it, head over to the Kit and Clowder facebook page or the website(the link is in my sidebar) and see for yourself. By the way, its not just for copics, Kit and Clowder have a distress marker class and the community is very supportive of any colouring medium at all.

Card Ingredients:

Card Stock: Basic A2 white card base, green card stock from stash.
Papers: Doodlebug santa express 6x6 paper pack.
Stamps: Some Odd Girl christmas stamp set, AmyRStamps merry and bright.
Ink: Memento tuxedo black ink, Versafine black onxy ink for sentiment.
Markers:
               Skin: E000+E00+E11+E04
               Hair: E33+E35+E37
               Dress: R22+R24+R27+R29,G14
               Hat:YG03+YG09+G07 
               Belt:C7 
               Horse: RV04+RV09: 
               Paintbrush:E59+RV09
Dies & Embossing Folder: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Oval Large, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.


Challenge List:


7 comments:

  1. This is adorable Cathie and you have really come a long way with your coloring. Great testimonial for Alyce. For sure she is a major factor in our coloring successes. Little late doing the hop as just no free time till now.

    Happy New Year and Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Cathie...I too am part of Kit and Clowder and have seen quite a change in my colouring...it's so wonderful to see your before and after images here. Lovely creation (as always my friend) Thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination.

    Lynn, ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet image and papers. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with the Southern Girls last challenge of 2014. I wish you a crafty Happy New Year! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so CUTE!!! So glad you joined the Some Odd Girl Linky Party! I do hope you will also check out this linky party blog - Anya, Oddies, and Others! Come check us out http://anyaoddiesandothers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..you are doing awesome!!..love this..wtg..huggzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice ... Thanks for playing around with Southern Girls Challenge ... DT Neha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Holiday card.....nice job on the coloring
    Sure hope you share with us again at Southern Girls Challenge......sorry I'm so late on commenting I hate when we get sick

    Shell ~ SGC-DT

    ReplyDelete